Monday, July 14 was a dark day at The Howard Stern Show, as Globe perviously reported. That’s when it was announced to staff that legendary shock jock Howard Stern would be scaling back his Sirius XM radio show to just one new episode per week (it was previously three) and that a dozen staffers would be let go.
Now, the U.S. Sun has revealed that the group of laid off employees included longtime fan favorite writer/producers Benjy Bronk, Jon Blitt, Memet Walker and Mike Trainor. The laid off men worked behind the scenes but also appeared on air and were well known by fans of the show.
“Howard can be ruthless like that,” a source told the publication.
Speaking about Bronk in particular, another source said: “The guy worked there for over 25 years and was both on air and behind the scenes. He’s one of the most talented guys there.”
X/Benjy Bronk; The Howard Stern Show
Of the four, only Trainor publicly confirmed that he is no longer working for Stern, 72.
“Incredibly grateful to Howard and the whole gang for the ride and excited for what’s next. If you know me, like me, or are even vaguely aware of me and don’t hate me and you’re working on something cool, hit me up,” he wrote in a post on X.
The staff reduction comes after Stern renewed his contract for another three years in December 2025, as previously reported by Globe. One of the sources the U.S. Sun spoke to “grumbled that Stern should have let the whole dedicated staff ride with him through the end of his contract,” reported the outlet.
Since the layoffs, remaining staff members have been “walking on eggshells” according to another source.